Selling a residential property in Victoria?
You will need a contract of sale and vendor statement (section 32), with comprehensive special conditions to protect your interests. We can help with that!
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. We don’t act for superannuation funds. And your property cannot be under old general law, company share stratum title or in a retirement village.
How does it work?
1. Email us the details of your upcoming property sale. Please include your mobile phone number. We will respond within 2 business days (sooner if possible).
2. If you’re happy to proceed, we will ask you for more information, open a file and then invoice you for half of our professional fee for conveyancing + estimated out-of-pocket costs (see How much does it cost below). Any funds that aren’t used stay in our audited solicitor trust account and are credited to you when our final invoice is issued, which is about a week before settlement (whenever that is).
3. We will order all the property certificates to prepare your vendor statement (section 32) and contract of sale and compile everything as soon as possible, so you’ll be ready to invite offers from interested purchasers. It usually takes about ten days to prepare a contract and vendor statement, a little longer if there is an Owners Corporation. We will work with your appointed real estate agent to ensure they have everything they need to sign up your purchaser, including a Section 27 Deposit Release Statement, if relevant.
4. After the property is sold, we will liaise with your bank (if you have a mortgage) and the purchaser’s solicitor/conveyancer to prepare for settlement.
How much does it cost?
$895.00 + GST (our professional fee for conveyancing) plus out-of-pocket disbursement costs, ranging from $300-$500 + GST depending on the type of property you wish to sell.
These costs include property searches and certificates, Express Post, settlement agent fees – any third-party costs we incur on your behalf. Off-the-plan properties are usually $300.00 + GST, houses are usually $300.00 + GST and apartments/units with Owners Corporations (body corporates) are usually $400 + GST or $500 + GST if there is more than one Owners Corporation.
We will confirm which out-of-pocket costs rate applies to your property. We don’t charge for faxes, phone calls and other greedy things.
Note: the above excludes the $49.00 per person Verification of Identity fee payable to ZipID, as part of the compulsory identity check process that all people transacting with the Land Titles Office must undertake.
- Subdivision costs attract additional fees – let us know if you’re selling an off-the-plan property.
- Caveats, default notices and licence agreements each attract additional fees.
- If you are selling multiple lots at once, please contact us to obtain a personalised quote.
We carry full professional indemnity insurance and operate an audited solicitor trust account.