Everyone needs a will and powers of attorney – regardless of age, wealth or health status.
Having a valid and up-to-date will ensures your assets are distributed in accordance with your wishes after your death. It also provides for the care of children and your preferred funeral arrangements.
If you don’t have a will, the government will decide what happens, and your family risks enduring even greater difficulties during what is already the worst of times.
It is never too early to create your will – or a binding death benefit nomination, so that your superannuation funds go to the person/people you wish (super is not covered by your will).
If you buy or sell a property, get married or divorced/separate, or welcome a new child to the family, it is important that you keep your will up-to-date.
How much does it cost?
- Standard* single will: $345 + GST (add $220 + GST for Enduring Financial, Guardianship and Medical Powers of Attorney, and Binding Superannuation Death Benefit Nomination)
- Standard* couples’ wills: $545 + GST (add $255 + GST for Enduring Financial, Guardianship and Medical Powers of Attorney, and Binding Superannuation Death Benefit Nominations)
- Complex wills (e.g. business assets, overseas assets): ask us for a quote.
* Everyone’s needs are different and we may need to charge more if your will is complex.
How do I get the ball rolling?
1. Send us an email and let us know what you need.
2. We will reply with a detailed Word document questionnaire, for you to fill in with all your assets and wishes. Everything you disclose is strictly confidential.
3. When we review your completed questionnaire, we’ll confirm our fees and send you our legal engagement paperwork, as well as a tax invoice for the full amount owing, to be deposited into our audited trust account before we commence work.
4. Then we will draft your wills and powers of attorney; it usually takes a week or two. You will be emailed draft versions.
5. We will arrange a Skype or Facetime call to explain the documents and note any required changes.
6. The documents will be posted out to you with detailed instructions about how to get them signed.