PLEASE NOTE: Our office is currently open part-time.
Ashmor Legal is able to assist with all stages of Victorian residential conveyancing, whether you are buying or selling a home, apartment, townhouse or off-the-plan property.
We strongly believe that nobody should buy a property without obtaining legal advice BEFORE signing a contract.
That’s why we review any* proposed residential contract of sale/vendor statement for free, under no obligation and usually within a 2-3 business day turnaround.
Our commitment to outstanding personal, frank and accessible service is our point of difference.
What can we assist with?
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Auction contracts
- Purchases off-the-plan
- Preparation of vendor statements
- Drafting general conditions and special conditions
- Cooling off periods and deposits
- Liaising with financial institutions regarding deposit bonds, loans, mortgages and discharges of mortgages
- Easements and covenants
- Owners corporations
- Licence agreements
- Execution of contracts and settlement
How much does it cost?
- $795 to $850 + GST (depending on the property type) + disbursements (out-of-pocket certificate and search costs, usually $200-$500 depending on the property type).
- Caveats, default notices and licence agreements each attract additional fees.
- If you are a developer or vendor with multiple lots, please contact us to obtain a personalised quote.
We carry full professional indemnity insurance and operate an audited solicitor trust account.
* Except for old general law and company share stratum title, and we don’t act for non-Australian citizens/permanent residents or superannuation funds.
NOTE: We do not issue solicitor certificates or review mortgage / guarantor documents.