PLEASE NOTE: We are booked out for urgent reviews on Thursday 30 May. Our office is closed on 10 June, from 1-5 July (both dates included) and from 23-27 September (both dates included); no settlements on the days we are closed.

Anyone selling a property should have a robust contract to protect them, and a first class vendor statement/section 32, to ensure the sale is watertight. We have assisted thousands of Victorian vendors with selling their residential properties.


If you are selling a residential property in Victoria, you will need a legally enforceable contract of sale + section 32 / vendor statement. Currently based overseas? No problem.

Sell confidently with a robust contract, drafted by a highly experienced lawyer, including customised special conditions to protect your interests, and a water-tight section 32 / vendor statement.

How does it work?


Click on the Get Started button above to request a sale quote.

Please include your email address and mobile phone number where we can reach you on WhatsApp - and please let us know if anyone referred you to us (so we can thank them!).


We'll respond with within 1 full business day.

We may ask you for more information, to enable us to confirm the scope of work and our quote.


Let us know if you're happy to proceed.

We'll then open a file new and send you an invoice for half of our professional fee + estimated out-of-pocket costs (see How much does it cost below). Any funds that aren’t used stay in our audited solicitor trust account and are credited to you when our final invoice is issued, which is about a week before settlement day (whenever that is).


When our invoice is paid, we'll get to work.

We'll ask you for some relevant documents (like your Council rates notice) and promptly order the rest of the property certificates to include in your section 32/vendor statement. We will work with your appointed real estate agent to ensure they have everything they need to sign up your purchaser, including a Section 27 Deposit Release Statement if relevant and appropriate. It usually takes up to a week to prepare a contract for a house, or about 2 weeks if there is an Owners Corporation involved, because the OC manager legally has 2 weeks to provide their compulsory certificate (unless you pay their urgent processing fee to receive their certificate faster).


What happens after the property is sold?

We will liaise with your bank (if you have a mortgage), the real estate agent and the purchaser’s lawyer/conveyancer to prepare for settlement.


What happens if the property doesn't sell?

There is no further charge and we will refund you any remaining funds held in our trust account.

How much does it cost?


$1,295 + GST plus disbursement costs

This is our professional fee for conveyancing. Half is charged upfront; the balance is payable on settlement day.


What are the disbursement costs?

Out-of-pocket disbursement costs include all the property search certificates we are legally required to include in the section 32 / vendor statement (such as a title search, planning certificate and Owners Corporation Certificate). If we can avoid you incurring some of these costs (such as by using copies of your water bill and Council rates notice), we certainly will! Vacant land, free standing houses and units / townhouses with no active Owners Corporation (body corporate): $200 - $400 + GST. Units and apartments with up to two titles and one active Owners Corporation (body corporate): $400 - $700 + GST. Units and apartments with three or more titles, two or more Owners Corporations (body corporates): we'll provide a customised quote. Exactly how much you will need to pay depends on various factors, including how many titles and Owners Corporations affect your property, and if there are any covenants, Section 173 Agreements, charges, legal notices and caveats registered on your title (copies of which must be included in the contract). We'll confirm the applicable amount before we commence any work.


Anything else we should let you know?

  • We don't review real estate agent exclusive authority agreements, discharge forms and we don't witness you signing any documents or issue solicitor certificates.

  • We can't assist with off-the-plan contracts, retirement villages, stratum / company share titles and commercial properties. But we can recommend conveyancers who can help with the things we don't do - please ask us for a referral if you need help with something we can't assist with.

  • If you need to include a Section 137B owner builder defect report in your section 32 / vendor statement (we will let you know if you do!), then this must be arranged at your own cost please.

  • If you are based overseas and won't be in Australia prior to settlement, you'll need to get your identity documents verified, and a particular form witnessed, at the local Australian Embassy / High Commission / Consulate. Their document certification / witnessing fees will apply.

  • If you are not an Australian for tax purposes and the property sells for $750,000 or more, you'll need to pay a tax of 12.5% of the sale price to the ATO on settlement day.

  • If it's an executor sale, we strongly recommend only selling once probate has been granted (to ensure the settlement date is certain, because settlement can't occur unless probate has been granted first).

  • Default notices, licence agreements and lease assignment agreements each incur additional professional fees, usually $310 + GST. This will be added to our second invoice.

We carry full professional indemnity insurance and operate an audited solicitor trust account.

Ready to get started?

As seen in

Domain Logo
Lawyers Weekly logo
Leader logo
Women's Agenda logo