Do you need to transfer ownership of a property? It may be due to ownership changes between a couple, divorce/separation, Court order or probate.
We can help with that!
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. We don’t act for superannuation funds. And your property cannot be under old general law, company share stratum title or in a retirement village.
How does it work?
1. Email us the details of your property transfer. Please include your mobile phone number. We will respond within 2 business days (sooner if possible).
2. If you’re happy to proceed, we will ask you for more information, open a file and then invoice you for our entire professional fee for conveyancing + all the out-of-pocket costs (see How much does it cost below).
3. Once paid, we will work with any banks/lender and other parties to get the property transfer completed ASAP.
4. Once the transfer is completed, we’ll let the Council, water company and any Owners Corporation know about the change of ownership.
How much does it cost?
$1,295.00 + GST (our professional fee for conveyancing) plus out-of-pocket disbursement costs.
These are usually:
- Around $117.92 for the PEXA e-conveyancing system fee (a compulsory charge). This is payable twice if you are both the current joint-owner of the property, and staying on as the new sole owner.
- If you have a loan with a bank, there will be a charge to remove their mortgage (usually around $100), and another fee (again, usually around $100) to add a new mortgage for an incoming bank. These are compulsory government charges. The bank may have its own internal charges.
- If there is a caveat to be removed, there will be an extra compulsory government charge for that (usually around $100) and another $117.92 PEXA fee.
- Around $50 to obtain a Register Search Statement and Title Alert for each property, to confirm the ownership details on the title, and to keep an eye on any activity on the title.
Don’t worry: we will confirm the exact out-of-pocket costs that apply to your particular transfer situation, before we start any work.
We don’t charge for faxes, phone calls and other greedy things.
Note: the above excludes the $59.00 per person Verification of Identity fee payable to ZipID, as part of the compulsory identity check process that all people transacting with the Land Titles Office must undertake. And there is also an option to get your identity verified for free – we’ll explain everything!
We carry full professional indemnity insurance and operate an audited solicitor trust account.